Transparency index of football Clubs – INFUT 2019
RCCelta Group publishes its institutional, organisational, planning, economic, budgetary and statistical information and transparency index indicators INFUT 2019, with the aim of advancing our idea of transparency and communication with society in general.
The INFUT evaluates 48 indicators, grouped into the following five areas of transparency:
A. INFORMATION ABOUT THE FOOTBALL CLUB.
1.- Information on the executive bodies and staff.
1) Professional and biographical profile of the President/Board of Directors and/or management team.
Organizational structure of RCCelta.
2) Generic e-mail addresses of the various sections or departments of the Club, as well as general contact details of the club (telephone number/s, e-mail address/s and registered office).
By phone 986 110 900 or the following addresses firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or in Calle Príncipe, 44 CP:36202 Vigo can be contacted with Real Club Celta de Vigo, S.A.D.; Fundación Celta de Vigo y Afouteza e Corazón, L.U.
3) The agreements of the General Shareholders’ Meeting of the company, as well as the agreements made by the Board of Directors, are published and kept up to date on a regular basis.
4) An updated organisation chart (graphical representation) is published in detail to identify those responsible for the different areas.
Organizational structure of RCCelta.
2.- Legal framework, organizational structure and aseets.
5) The legal, institutional and statutory regulations to comply with the Club are published.
The regulations applicable to the company Real Club Celta de Vigo, S.A.D., are:
- Law 10/1990, of 15 October, on State sport.
- Law 3/2012, of 2 April, on Sport in Galicia.
- Royal Decree 177/1981, of 16 January.
- Royal Decree 1251/1999, of 16 July on Sports Limited Companies.
- Other rules applicable to a professional Club/SAD (in particular Articles of association the Regulations on Economic Control of Sports Clubs and Joint Stock Companies affiliated to the LNFP and the agreements of the Joint Commission of the Higher Council of Sports and the National League of Professional Football approving the new model of Memory of Annual Accounts of Sports Clubs and Corporations affiliated to the National Professional Football League.
- Internal Regulations of the Real Club Celta de Vigo S.A.D. Articles of Association and Rules of Procedure of the Real Club Celta de Vigo, S.A.D. Art. 6 of Royal Decree 203/2010 of 26 February, approving the Regulation on the Prevention of Violence, Racism, Xenophobia and Intolerance in Sport).
6) A Code of Ethics or Good Practices and/or Sporting Behaviour by the Club exists and is published.
The Group’s code of ethics or good practice and internal policies are reflected in the link.
The basic values that guide the activity of the Group are: HONESTY, JUSTICE AND INTEGRITY. Being the basic principles:
- Strict compliance with the Law and Internal Regulations,
- Maximum respect, fairness and dignity in the treatment of all employees, players, collaborators, subscribers, suppliers, competitors and other third parties associated with the Group
- Transparency, objectivity and professionalism in the development of all its activities and relations with all stakeholders,
- Privacy, data protection and confidential information; and,
- Promotion of sporting activity with the highest standards of professionalism.
Everything related to the fight against corruption and bribery in the 2018/2019 season is mentioned in point 6 of the State of Non-financial Information.
7) The Rules of Procedure of the Club exist and are published
Yes, in the point regarding legal, institutional and statutory regulations to comply with the club.
8) It is reported that the Club has an Ethics Committee or a Compliance Officer
In indicator 6 of these Indicators, on the Code of Ethics or on good practices and/or sporting behaviour by the club, it is indicated that the body responsible for implementing the various controls and requirements established is the Compliance Committee which, in addition, it ensures the training of all the recipients of the manual and of the ethical and political principles established by the RCCelta Group to mitigate the identified criminal risks.
The Compliance Committee is composed of two members representing a Vice-president and the Director of Facilities and Security. The members of the Compliance Committee shall act independently and honestly in order to carry out the tasks entrusted to them. They shall also ensure the confidentiality of the information they handle in the performance of their duties
9) It shall be informed whether or not the Club is in a situation of insolvency, pre-concurse or similar situation
On 20 January 2020, the Judge of the Commercial Court, No 1 of Pontevedra, declared that the agreement approved by judgment of 20 July 2009 had been fully complied with.
10) The basic data of the various existing football teams (professional, youth, children, women, …) and, where appropriate, divisions or sections of other teams are specified
The information is reflected in the following links:
11) Inventory of property (movable and immovable).
- A Sede building (Príncipe Street), and
- Facilities ceded for use by the City Council of Vigo:
- Abanca Balaidos Stadium, facilities where the first team plays,
- Barreiro Stadium, facilities where the B team, Celta B, plays, and
- Sports facilities in A Madroa
B. RELATIONS WITH MEMBERS, FANS AND THE GENERAL PUBLIC.
The club has implemented a specific section to promote transparency, in which we are found.
13) There is an internal search engine clearly visible on the website.
The website has an internal search tool that is clearly visible in the upper right-hand corner of the website.
14) You can see on the home page the Map of the club’s website.
A map of the site can be found on the homepage of the website.
15) The website contains a specific mailbox or complaint channel for members, affiliates and third parties to inform the club of any legal, regulatory, statutory or ethical breaches.
Members, affiliates and third parties may inform the club of any legal, statutory and ethical breaches through the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
The customer service inbox, called We Listen, can be found at the following link.
1.- Information and assistance to members and the general public.
16) A space reserved for members and/or shareholders of the Club is provided for on the website.
The club has a member area available at link
17) Training courses are offered and/or provided to make employees and managers aware of the legal obligations affecting them in the conduct of their business.
The RCCelta Group is committed to and actively works for the alignment of its strategy and objectives, with the development and professionalization of the people who make up its human team, through motivation and continuous training.
Everything relating to training is provided in point 4.5 of the State of Non-financial Information.
18) List of RC Celta Fan Clubs and their basic information.
Everything related to the fan clubs can be found at the following link.
19) A space reserved for receiving suggestions or requests from Peñas and/or amateur associations is provided on the Club’s website.
RC Celta treats all suggestions through the customer service inbox, called Escoitamos, where any suggestion is dealt with, whether or not it is a season ticket holder or a fan club member. The suggestion inbox can be found at the following link.
20) The basic catalogue of the club’s activities and the seats of its services and facilities are published.
The basic activities are detailed below:
- Participation in professional sports competitions of the modality of football can be found in the following links: https://www.rccelta.es/index.php/en/first-team/stats in the case of the first team and https://www.rccelta.es/index.php/es/celtab for Celta B
- Promotion of basic sports and development of sports activities (campuses, schools, clinics, etc.), can be found on the website under the activities organised by the Foundation heading at https://www.rccelta.es/index.php/en/foundation
- RC Celta Stores, RC Celta Clinic and Management of certain areas can be found at the following links http://shop.rccelta.es/en/ and https://asede.rccelta.es/en/
- The headquarters of the Group’s services and equipment can be found at https://www.rccelta.es/index.php/en/club-en/facilitie
21) The number of spectators at the various sporting events (at least those of the various official competitions) held in the Club’s fields, grounds and facilities is published.
The number of spectators in the matches held in Abanca Balaidos in the 2019/2020 season, to date are:
22) Results of surveys carried out among members and/or the general public on the satisfaction or quality of RC Celta services
In point 9.2 of the Statement of Non-financial Information provides information on the measures put in place to ensure that the activities and processes carried out are carried out in an appropriate manner and, therefore, to the satisfaction of clients and users.
2.- Relations with society, security and position against violence.
23) The specific rules and recommendations of the Club are published to the fans on behaviors, and against violence, in its facilities and enclosures, as well as in events in which the Club participates in foreign venues.
RC Celta provides information to fans to prevent violence, racism, xenophobia and intolerance in sport, in every match held in Abanca Balaídos, Barreiro Football Field and in the entrance to the games.
The different documents with recommendations to fans and specific rules concerning the safety and stance of RC Celta against violence are the following:
24) Symbology and unauthorised material (flares, weapons, lasers pointers, etc.) are reported within the club’s sports grounds.
RC Celta provides information to fans to prevent violence, racism, xenophobia and intolerance in sport, in every match held in Abanca Balaídos, Barreiro Football Field and in the entrance to the matches.
Everything related to symbology and material not allowed inside the sports area is in the previous section.
25) The Internal Regulations of the Sports Complex are published and endorsed by Laliga (Art 6 RD 2023-2010 on the prevention of violence, racism and intolerance to sport).
26) A Report of Social Responsibility or Sustainability of the Club, or at least the actions or policies of social character or of social responsibility of the Club, is published.
Yes, the Statement of Non-financial Information is published.
Everything relating to social actions and/or policies is provided in point 7 of the State of Non-financial Information.
27) Information is provided on the relations and/or special conditions of the Club with respect to the Peñas and/or amateur associations (reservation of tickets, spaces in the enclosures, …).
The relationships and conditions of RC Celta with respect to fan clubs and/or fan associations are regulated by the Internal Regulations of the Real Club Celta de Vigo, S.A.D.
28) The Rules of Procedure of the club and/or at least the measures adopted or envisaged in respect of potentially violent or radical groups coming to the sports grounds are published.
RC Celta’s measures against potentially violent groups are included in the Internal Regulations of Real Club Celta de Vigo, S.A.D.
29) The rules governing the sale of tickets are reported when the club is a visitor (registered and sold through the visiting club).
Article 4 of Book XII of the Ticket Sales Regulations for all clubs/SAD´s of the LNFP indicates the conditions for the sale of tickets in the visiting area or sector.
In addition, the Internal Regulations establish measures to support the activities of RC Celta followers during away matches.
30) Information on police presence, private security at sporting events.
No information on police presence data is provided for security reasons.
Private security is available for sporting events held in Abanca Balaídos and Barreiro.
31) There is and is published on the web a profile or several of the club on social networks (Facebook or similar).
The profiles in social networks (Instagram, Youtube, Twitter and Facebook) are reflected by means of icons at the top of the web, each containing the direct access to the corresponding profiles
C. FINANCIAL AND ECONOMIC TRANSPARENCY.
1.- Accounting Information.
32) The date of deposit in the Commercial Register of the last annual accounts of the Club is published.
The Annual Accounts for the 2018/2019 season were deposited at the Pontevedra Mercantile Registry on 26 December, 2019.
33) The date of deposit with the Higher Council for Sports (CSD) of the last annual accounts of the Club is published.
The Annual Accounts for the 2018/2019 season were submitted to the Higher Sports Council on 22 November 2019.
34) The date of submission to the Professional Football League (Laliga) of the Annual Accounts and other mandatory economic-financial information is published.
- The LNFP was forwarded on 28 November 2019 the following:
- Report on agreed procedures for the Balance Point Indicator,
- Report on agreed procedures for Expenditure Associated with the First Staff,
- Report on agreed procedures for the Net Debt Ratio in relation to the relevant revenues,
- Report on agreed procedures of the standard model MN23 (Annex VI) as at 30 June 2019,
- Report on agreed procedures for standard model MN23 (Annex VI) as at 15 November 2019,
- Report on agreed procedures for standard model MN102 Advertising revenue for the 2019/2020 season,
- Report on agreed procedures of the standard model MN12 Results of federative rights transfer operations between 01/07/2019 and 31/07/2019,
- Report on agreed procedures on box office and season tickets 2018/2019.
35) Individual and consolidated interim financial statements are published (Art 12 RLFP) (according to Art 14).
36) The annual accounts of related entities are published, in particular the accounts and the full report of the Club Foundation if any (if there are no related entities, this shall be expressly indicated on the website).
37) The equilibrium point of the Club is published, as defined by the Regulation of Economic Control of Laliga (difference between Relevant Revenues and relevant expenses in a season) and its component indicators (Art 12 of the Laliga Regulations).
2.- Economic and financial indicators.
38) Financial autonomy: equity/ (liabilities + equity).
39) Economic relevance of the first staff: Total remuneration of the first staff/total budget of the club.
40) Club indebtedness; total club debts/relevant revenues (according to the RLFP)
41) Investments in players: amount invested in players of the first template/ relevant income of the last season.
3.- Information on income and expenditure.
42) The breakdown of the relevant Club Revenues is published.
Breakdown of Relevant Revenues as for 06/30/2019. This corresponds to the breakdown reflected in section A of the Calculation of the Breakeven Point.
43) Details of the relevant Club Expenses are published.
Relevant Expenses Breakdown as for 06/30/2019. This corresponds to the breakdown reflected in section B of the Calculation of the Breakeven Point
44) Details of the costs associated with the first template are published (according to the Laliga Regulations).
4.- Data on indebtedness.
45) The breakdown of the club’s indebtedness (CECSD-IV) is published
- Debt to the general government:
- Debt to the Treasury,
- Deuda con la Seguridad Social.
- Private debt:
- Debts with credit institutions,
- Other debts.
A breakdown is provided in Club Debt/Relevant Income (art. 12 LNFP) and further details are provided in the Annual Accounts.
46) The list of debts with the corresponding public administrations is published (art 18 Laliga Regulations).
47) The list of debts and credits with employees is published (art 12 Laliga Regulations).
D. TRANSPARENCY IN PROCUREMENT AND SUPPLY
1.- Information on recruitment.
48) The amounts received by the club are published as follows:
- Transfers, and
- Transfers made in the last two seasons
At least the number of players and the overall amount of transfers and transfers made, and if they have participated where appropriate, investment funds in operations and their amount.
- Transfers cost.
In the 2018/2019 season for the recruitment of 4 players on loan we have incurred 200,000 euros of expenditure
In the 2017/2018 season for the recruitment of a player on loan we have incurred 200,000 euros of expenditure.
In the 2016/2017 season for the incorporation of two players on loan we have not incurred any expenses, except for mediation expenses.
- Transfers made in the last two seasons
The variable amount for players in past seasons is due to the fact that, player acquisition agreement establish clauses that oblige the company to pay certain financial compensation in the event they are triggered, being recognised at that time, in line with the accrual principle.
None of the operations carried out involved investment funds.
49) The amounts received are published by:
The sale of players, and
The temporary cession of players.
At least the number of players and the overall number of both the sale and the transfer of players)
- The sale of players,
This section includes the results from the transfer of players in the corresponding season together with the income generated in previous sales due to variable targets reached.
The results of the transfer of players, as well as the number of players that left, whether by sale or due to contract termination is set out in the following chart:
- The temporary cession of players.
Income from the loan of players, included in section 5 of the profit and loss account “Other Operating Income”, as well as the number of players loaned, is set out in the following chart:
50) The salary ceiling for the club staff is published.
The salary cap for the 2019/2020 season was 62,123 thousand euros, of which 60,924 thousand euros correspond to the first team and 1,199 thousand euros to the youth team.
The salary cap for the 2018/2019 season was 53,975 thousand euros, of which 52.194 thousand euros correspond to the first team and 1,781 thousand euros to the youth team.
51) The number of minors licensed for the service of the club is published at the various levels and in the sports sections..
RCCelta Group currently employs three minors for Juvenil B and five minors for Juvenil A.
2.- Information on suppliers of goods and services.
52) The list and/or amount of transactions with suppliers, contractors and/or contractors plus amounts of the club is published.
The list of the six most relevant suppliers/vendors are:
- Adidas España, S. A.,
- ACS España Servicios de Charter Aereo, S.L.U.,
- Constructora San Jose, S. A.,
- Abramar Viajes, S. A.,
- Molcaworld, S.L., y
- Prosegur Soluciones Integrales de Seguridad España, S.L.
E. INDICATORS LAW TRANSPARENCY
1.- Planning and organization of the Club.
53) Annual and/or multiannual Plans and Programmes of the Club (calendar of the season) are published.
First Team Schedule
A Canteira Match Schedule
54) An up-to-date organization chart of the club is published to identify those responsible for the various bodies, their functions and their relationships of dependence.
2.- Contracts, agreements and grants.
55) Each of the Contracts concluded with any public entity (or under public control) or at least the list thereof with reference to the signatory parties, its subject matter and, where appropriate, the economic obligations entered into is published periodically.
On 22 October 2019, a sponsorship contract was signed with the Sport Galego Foundation, with the main aim of promoting prevention and awareness of gender-based violence in sports venues, amounting to 60,000 euros.
On 17 July 2019, an exclusive contract was signed with Corporación Radio e Televisión de Galicia, S.A., for the rights to the matches of Celta B’s Season 2019/20 in the Second Division B National League Championship, including permanence phase and promotion phase matches. The amount of this contract amounts to 60,000 euros, in the event of being among the first eight teams classified, the amount will be increased by 3,000 euros. If the promotion phase to second division A is arranged, the amount will be increased by 7,000 euros.
On August 08, 2019, an agreement was signed with Corporación Radio e Televisión de Galicia, S.A., to transfer the parties corresponding to the 24th edition of the Quinocho Memorial. The amount of this agreement is 10,000 euros.
56) The list of agreements concluded with public entities is published, with reference to the signatory parties, their subject matter and, where appropriate, the agreed financial obligations.
RC Celta has formalized the following contracts with public entities or under public control:
- Administrative concession of the Municipal Facilities corresponding to the Abanca Balaídos Stadium, Barreiro Stadium and the Sports City of A Madroa, subscribed on 30 January 2009 by which the previous facilities are ceded until 16 May 2034.
57) Grants and aids received from any public body (or under public control) are published, indicating their amount and purpose.
- RCCelta has received a grant from the Xunta de Galicia, in the 2018/2019 season, in the amount of 6,101.68 euros.
- RCCelta has not received subsidies from public entities in the 2017/2018 season.
- RCCelta has received a grant from the General Secretary for Sport, in the 2016/2017 season, in the amount of 5,531.14 euros.
3.- Club´s executive bodies.
58) The remuneration received, where appropriate, by the members of the Administrative Board shall be published.
The members of the Board of Directors do not receive any remuneration whatsoever.
The company has taken out collective accident insurance for members of the Board of Directors throughout the season, with the total amount of the guarantees taken out both in the event of death and absolute disability amounting to 100,000 euros per insured.
In addition, the company has taken out a policy covering the civil liability of Directors and Senior Officers, the annual limit of the insurance being 3,000,000 euros.
The amount of both insurance premiums is not significant.
59) The remuneration received by the members of the senior management or the chief executive officers of the club and the representation expenses (individual or global) incurred by them are published.
Everything relating to the remuneration received by members of senior management or senior executives in the club is provided in point 4.1 of the State of Non-financial Information.
4.- Economic and budgetary information.
60) The budgets and other documentation required in the budget regulations are published (according to the standard model approved by the league. Art 12 Laliga Regulations).
The budgets drawn up by the Board of Directors of the company aim to guarantee the progress in economic terms of the projects that the company has underway in each season, being always positive.
61) The club’s individual and, where appropriate, consolidated annual accounts are published (art 12 Laliga Regulations, according to art 13).
Real Club Celta de Vigo, S.A.D. is the parent company of a group of companies formed by:
- The investee company Afouteza e Corazón, S.L.U., which does not carry out sports activities, and
- The special purpose entity Fundación Celta de Vigo, whose main activity is the promotion of grassroots sport from the lower categories of RC Celta.
The Company is exempt from the obligation to consolidate as it only holds stakes in dependent companies that do not have a significant interest, individual or on aggregate, for the true and fair picture of the wealth, financial situation and results of the group companies.
The members of the Board of Directors of the company decide to draw up consolidated financial statements, including Afouteza e Corazón, S.L.U. and Fundación Celta de Vigo within the consolidation perimeter.
62) External audit reports on club accounts are published.
The Independent Audit Report of the Annual Accounts as of 30 June 2019 is attached in the previous section together with the annual accounts and the management report.